CALL FOR APPLICATION IS NOW OPEN!
FILMMAKERS FROM THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY:
Afghanistan • Algeria • Armenia • Azerbaijan • Bahrain • Egypt • Georgia • Iran • Iraq • Israel • Jordan • Kuwait • Lebanon • Libya • Morocco • Oman • Palestine • Qatar • Saudi Arabia • Sudan • Syria • Tunisia • Turkey • UAE • Yemen
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS JULY 28, 2022.
- Workshops and tutorial sessions will be held in English, so the participants must be able to communicate in this language.
- Participants will have to participate in a full series of three week-long workshops within 9 months. Workshops will be taking place in the months of December, March and June.
- The project submitted may be in a stage of development, pre-production or production.
- Submitted projects must have an international relevancy.
- The selected filmmakers should be ready to collaborate during the program with an international co-producer.
- Eligible are filmmakers at early to mid career, who have made at least one short film.
- Applicant may act as a director or producer of a project.
Selected filmmakers will be awarded a complete grant covering tuition fee, flight ticket(s), accommodation, and meals during the workshops.
Filmmakers work very closely in groups and one-on-one with Close Up mentors, professionals at the top of the documentary industry: John Appel, Bruni Burres, Gitte Hansen and Nino Kirtadze. They will also workshop with editing consultants and other special experts.
The third workshop includes a pitching forum where prestigious awards, residencies, and grants are received by Close Up filmmakers. Decision makers present at past pitching forums come from IDFA, Catapult Film Fund, Blue Ice Docs, Docs Up Fund, Sundance Institute, The Guardian, FIPADOC, Chicken & Egg Pictures, The Guardian, 2M Morocco TV, MEDIMED Film Market, Jacob Burns Film Center, Movies That Matter, SWR, Silver Sun Foundation, ARTE France, MDR Germany, and more.