CALL FOR APPLICATION IS NOW CLOSED
APPLICATIONS FOR THE CLOSE UP 2023-2024 PROGRAM WILL OPEN IN JUNE 2023.
FILMMAKERS FROM THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY:
Afghanistan • Algeria • Armenia • Azerbaijan • Bahrain • Egypt • Georgia • Iran • Iraq • Israel • Jordan • Kuwait • Lebanon • Libya • Morocco • Oman • Palestine • Qatar • Saudi Arabia • Sudan • Syria • Tunisia • Turkey • UAE • Yemen
- Workshops and tutorial sessions will be held in English, so the participants must be able to communicate in this language.
- Participants will have to participate in a full series of three week-long workshops within 9 months. Workshops will be taking place in the months of December, March and June.
- The project submitted may be in a stage of development, pre-production or production.
- Submitted projects must have an international relevancy.
- Eligible are filmmakers at early to mid career, who have made at least one short film.
- Applicant may act as a director or producer of a project.
- The selected filmmakers should be ready to collaborate during the program with an international co-producer.
Selected filmmakers will be awarded a complete grant covering tuition fee, flight ticket(s), accommodation, and meals during the workshops.
Filmmakers work very closely in groups and one-on-one with Close Up mentors, professionals at the top of the documentary industry: John Appel, Bruni Burres, Gitte Hansen and Nino Kirtadze. They will also receive workshops from editing consultants and other special industry experts.
Prestigious awards, cash prizes and residencies are awarded to Close Up filmmakers at our pitching forum by leaders in the documentary industry. Decision makers present at past pitching forums come from IDFA, Sundance Institute, The Guardian, SWR, ARTE France, MDR Germany, FIPADOC, Chicken & Egg Pictures, The Guardian, Catapult Film Fund, Silver Sun Foundation, Blue Ice Docs, Docs Up Fund, 2M Morocco TV, MEDIMED Film Market, Jacob Burns Film Center, Movies That Matter, and more. You can find more information on the previous guests at our Pitching Forum here.
Applications must be submitted in English
For additional information contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org